Monday, August 22, 2016

Tips on preparing for college



Well as you all know, college is flying up to me as it is to many of you out there in the world. Now I know that not everyone is as excited to go as I am, but hey be you and don't let anyone dull your passion and light. YOU IS YOU.

Here are my tips from what I have learned so far:

1. Save money. I know this is a no brainer, but I wish someone would have screamed this in my face the second I was old enough to get a job. You are going to need money to get all the cute decorations you will be dying to go get. Oh also for your Dorm and the usual cost for all your classes. I would say to save as early as you can, because then you will have extra spending money after the usual tuition, books, and apartment costs. Get one job, get two jobs, any way you can to save up money will bless your future, also guys love a girl who is a hard worker. 

2. Pray. Now this was a very essential part on choosing the right college for me. I made sure to ask my Heavenly father whether I was making the right choice, and in the end I knew Byu Idaho was the right pick for me. I really want you to know just how much reassurance the Lord can give to you when you go to him in prayer.

3. Go shopping. Now if you have saved enough, this is the fun part. You get to go pick up the things you will be needing as a new young adult. Since I love to shop I had been looking forward to this moment since my bother moved out 4 years ago. I made sure to stop by Ikea. Now listen here, Ikea is a magical place with great items on a college student budget. Go there and Target is also great to but a bit more pricey. For groceries I didn't really have too much space in our little car to get groceries so I made a list and saved it for later.

4. Prepare yourself. Okay lets just be honest, I Emily Henry am a self help addict. If I ever have a problem I look on google to find my answer, I live through books to help me understand myself better and others around me. Before I left to college the few weeks before I made a list of goals. I'm not exactly why but even since I was a young kid I have had a vision of a better me when I reach college and live by myself. 

It takes 21 days to make a goal into a habit so I decided to start the summer after graduation just to make sure I could reach my goals therefore turning them into habits before college.  Here was some of mine:

  • Stop biting my nails
  • run everyday
  • be cautious of what you eat, no candy, soda, bread, dairy
  • write in a journal everyday - this one was probably one of my favorites
  • at least 5 water-bottles a day
  • text someone a nice thought daily
  • take a step back in situations where you may be angry ....aka road rage
  • practice singing everyday
  • clean for 15 minutes a day
  • floss every night and morning, brush twice or more a day
  • put lotion on every night after my nightly showers



5. Enjoy your time. This tip is so essential. Its your last seconds with your guy friends before they head on missions, your last time with some of your high-school friends, and on top of that your growing up and getting freedom from your family. I think the most important thing is to keep people close to you during this challenging time of transition. Make memories before you all head out your different ways, and I am in no way saying to just do 1 million cool photoshoots with your best friends to update and give some value to your insta page. Just go have fun and if you happen to get some cute pics in then great! What I'm trying to get at is it is important to have some wholesome fun in before this new experience in your life.

luvs Emily Henry






No comments:

Post a Comment